Happy Friday! The sun is finally shining in Chicago and I will take it. It’s nice to be in town for a full weekend and i’m excited to recharge before a week of work travel.
I came across Le Labo Fragrances awhile ago and have been obsessed with their candles. They have a lot of wonderful scents, but Santal is my favorite. Hope you enjoy this week’s picks of pretty little things and have a great weekend!
Happy Friday from sunny London! It’s been a great week working from our local office and having the opportunity to further explore one of my favorite cities in the world. It’s nice to see that my preferred all black attire is spot on here as well 🙂 I’ve done a lot of walking and let’s be honest, getting lost most of the time…but that’s the best way to discover new places. I had time to visit one of my favorite stores called Liberty and could stay in there all day. This week’s picks include some things I snagged during my shopping adventures.
Sadly I fly back to Chicago tomorrow, but look forward to having time tonight with friends and toast to a great trip. Hope you enjoy this week’s top 5 from across the pond.
frilled shorts//suede biker jacket//makeup bag//candle//floral dress
Happy Friday! Hope everyone survived the first full week back at work. I have to admit I was on the struggle bus this week. I’m going out of town for work next week and dreading the packing, but excited to be headed back to London. Hope I can squeeze a little shopping while i’m there too. Enjoy this week’s picks and cheers to the weekend!
cold shoulder blouse//twist sweater//sunnies//cross body//silk dress
Happy Friday! It is too damn cold in Chicago and winter is just beginning. I’m in major hibernation mode right now and want to cozy up in fancy sweatshirts and slather my face in moisturizing masks. The wind and cold can wreak havoc on your skin so be sure to hydrate your body and skin in this weather.
I’ve been trying out new face masks to help combat the effects of winter and included one of my new faves in the top five this week. Teaser alert…be on the lookout for a roundup of my fave winter products- coming soon. Stay warm and have a great weekend!
cold shoulder sweater//essie gel couture//floral skirt//ruffle sweatshirt//face mask
Happy New Year! Hope your January is off to a good start. The holiday’s came and went so quickly, but I am excited to see what 2017 has in store.
Like most, I am committed to get my health back on track after indulging in too much food and drink over the past month (or even longer- let’s be honest). I found this great recipe from pinch of yum that I was dying to try and it was a total hit over Christmas. I made this as a side dish for Christmas day and my family ate it up. Not only was it easy, but the colors were vibrant and the flavor was spot on. I’ve included the recipe below and opted for gluten free wild rice since my sister is G-Free. Have a happy and healthy new year!
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (about ½ cup raw)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 3-4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups arugula
- ½ cup cashew pieces
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons – more to taste)
- zest of the lemons
- ⅓ cup good quality olive oil
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, make the dressing by pureeing all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or you can whisk them together for the same affect. When the rice is done, toss it with a little bit of the dressing and refrigerate. Let it rest for a little while so it takes on the flavors of the dressing.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the sweet potato pieces directly on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir directly on the pan to get everything mixed. Roast for 20-25 minutes (I like mine a little crispy), stirring every so often to keep from burning. When the sweet potatoes are golden brown on the outside, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Toss the arugula, wild rice, sweet potatoes, cashews, and the remaining dressing together. Serve warm or cold.
Happy Friday! It’s so good to be back in Michigan for Christmas with my family. I didn’t want to over pack because I love shopping with my Mom and Sister while I’m home. Some of this week’s goodies are on the shopping list. Especially because I love texture and there’s no shortage of velvet and faux fur this season. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
faux fur coat//pullover//booties//saddle bag//frilly skirt
Happy Friday! It is bitter cold here in Chicago, but it’s time to gear up for Christmas. I can’t believe it’s coming up so quickly and I’m still shopping for gifts (eek). With endless parties and holiday functions to attend, there’s no shortage of fun things to do during this time of year. And just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean you can’t look good underneath those layers. Hope you enjoy my picks for this week and cheers to a great weekend ahead.
Swing Coat//Velvet Leggings//Tassel Booties//Sequin Skirt//Flutter Sweater