The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is HERE!!! Hip hip hooray for early access. This is the best sale of the year and a great way to snag brand new Fall merchandise discounted up to 40%! I’ve stocked up on so many great things and included my top five picks which are sure to sell out quickly. Happy shopping my friends!
Happy Friday! Hope your 4th of July was fun and you survived the short work week. We’re getting close to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and can’t wait to get in on the early access action starting 7/13. Keep an eye out for my picks next week and have a great weekend!
maxi dress//metallic sneaker//beach tote//poplin blouse//tassel hoop earrings
Happy Friday! I can’t believe 4th of July is just around the corner. I hope you’re getting a head start on the long weekend festivities. I’m ready for sunshine and pool time. Speaking of…I’m a huge fan of one-piece swimsuits and designers have really up’d their game over the past year. There are so many great options and i’ve had my eye on this sexy little crochet number. I’m sure there will be some interesting tan lines, but well worth it:)
Also, we’re getting into the thick of the sticky summer heat and there’s nothing worse than thigh chafing; especially if you’re like most women who aren’t blessed with a thigh gap. Blogger Katie Sturino of @the12ishstyle, is the brains behind the Megababe product line and it’s awesome! Due to overwhelming demand, it’s backordered until July 28th so get on it ladies!
floral dress//round sunnies//thigh rescue//fringe sandal//swimsuit
Happy Friday! This week has been quite interesting and full of exciting changes. More details to come soon!
It’s officially summer and can’t stop shoe shopping! I’m a sucker for leopard print and these adorable sandals are only $45! Also, I’ve been on the lookout for a camera bag and really love ONA Bags. They’re made well and look great. Also, they contribute $10 from every bag sold directly into their Storytelling Fund, which supports the work and development of emerging photographers and creatives.
Cheers to a great weekend ahead!
billowy top//tassel earrings//camera bag//sandal//eyelet dress
Happy Friday! I am long overdue for a Friday Top Five men’s edition. And, Father’s Day is just around the corner – June 18th to be exact, so I put together some of my fave men’s finds.
I LOVE men’s fashion and shopping for men is such a treat. I’m a huge fan of Ted Baker and these sneakers are awesome. They have great reviews and they’re currently on sale- bonus! Also, the Barfly cologne from Scotch and Soda smells heavenly. If you’ve ever been into a store then you know what I’m talkin about- swoon! Do yourself a favor ladies, get it for your man because it’s really a gift for you 🙂
Have a great weekend and happy shopping!
denim//chambray shirt//cologne//sneakers//jet set kit
Happy Friday! June is here and so is my birthday! I’m really looking forward to a great weekend celebrating with friends and excited to see what this year will bring.
I love all of this week’s picks, but I’m currently obsessed with this striped slipdress! It is so flattering and comfortable- highly recommend grabbing this beauty. Also, the quilted crossbody purse is perfection. The putty color is beautiful and the picture does not do it justice. Also, I just ordered the sandals and will give a full report on the fit when they arrive. Happy shopping and have a fantastic weekend!
twist tee//jean shorts//crossbody//sandals//slipdress
I’ve never met a potato I didn’t like and these are no exception! I feel like ‘Bubba’ from Forest Gump when I talk about my obsession with potatoes “you can boil them, smash them, fry them, bake them…” But for real, this might be my new favorite recipe behind french fries (duh). It’s super easy to make and don’t worry if they fall apart a bit once you smash them. They turn out different every time and I enjoy the smaller crispy bits as well.
As you know, my recipes are guidelines as i’m not the best at measuring out each item. Taste as you go along, make adjustments as you see fit, and have a little fun!
Give these roasted smashed potatoes a shot next time you want to change up your potato routine – they will not disappoint!
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt (table salt is fine for salting the water)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt (I use Maldon)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- In a large saucepan, place cleaned potatoes (unpeeled) and cover with at least an inch of water.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the water, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Move potatoes to a non stick or foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan, and allow the potatoes to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a potato masher or a large spoon and lightly press down on each potato to smash to about ½-inch thickness. Try your best to keep each potato in one piece.
- Using half of the olive oil, brush on potatoes.
- Sprinkle half of the salt and pepper on potatoes. I like the flavor and texture of Maldon salt.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and crisp.
- Turn potatoes; brush with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until potatoes are lightly browned and crisp.
- In a bowl combine cheese and parsley. Sprinkle on potatoes.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!