Happy Friday! This week has been quite interesting and full of exciting changes. More details to come soon!
It’s officially summer and can’t stop shoe shopping! I’m a sucker for leopard print and these adorable sandals are only $45! Also, I’ve been on the lookout for a camera bag and really love ONA Bags. They’re made well and look great. Also, they contribute $10 from every bag sold directly into their Storytelling Fund, which supports the work and development of emerging photographers and creatives.
Cheers to a great weekend ahead!
billowy top//tassel earrings//camera bag//sandal//eyelet dress
Happy Friday! I am long overdue for a Friday Top Five men’s edition. And, Father’s Day is just around the corner – June 18th to be exact, so I put together some of my fave men’s finds.
I LOVE men’s fashion and shopping for men is such a treat. I’m a huge fan of Ted Baker and these sneakers are awesome. They have great reviews and they’re currently on sale- bonus! Also, the Barfly cologne from Scotch and Soda smells heavenly. If you’ve ever been into a store then you know what I’m talkin about- swoon! Do yourself a favor ladies, get it for your man because it’s really a gift for you 🙂
Have a great weekend and happy shopping!
denim//chambray shirt//cologne//sneakers//jet set kit
Happy Friday! June is here and so is my birthday! I’m really looking forward to a great weekend celebrating with friends and excited to see what this year will bring.
I love all of this week’s picks, but I’m currently obsessed with this striped slipdress! It is so flattering and comfortable- highly recommend grabbing this beauty. Also, the quilted crossbody purse is perfection. The putty color is beautiful and the picture does not do it justice. Also, I just ordered the sandals and will give a full report on the fit when they arrive. Happy shopping and have a fantastic weekend!
twist tee//jean shorts//crossbody//sandals//slipdress
I’ve never met a potato I didn’t like and these are no exception! I feel like ‘Bubba’ from Forest Gump when I talk about my obsession with potatoes “you can boil them, smash them, fry them, bake them…” But for real, this might be my new favorite recipe behind french fries (duh). It’s super easy to make and don’t worry if they fall apart a bit once you smash them. They turn out different every time and I enjoy the smaller crispy bits as well.
As you know, my recipes are guidelines as i’m not the best at measuring out each item. Taste as you go along, make adjustments as you see fit, and have a little fun!
Give these roasted smashed potatoes a shot next time you want to change up your potato routine – they will not disappoint!
- 12 small red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt (table salt is fine for salting the water)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt (I use Maldon)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- In a large saucepan, place cleaned potatoes (unpeeled) and cover with at least an inch of water.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the water, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Move potatoes to a non stick or foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan, and allow the potatoes to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using a potato masher or a large spoon and lightly press down on each potato to smash to about ½-inch thickness. Try your best to keep each potato in one piece.
- Using half of the olive oil, brush on potatoes.
- Sprinkle half of the salt and pepper on potatoes. I like the flavor and texture of Maldon salt.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned and crisp.
- Turn potatoes; brush with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until potatoes are lightly browned and crisp.
- In a bowl combine cheese and parsley. Sprinkle on potatoes.
- Bake for 2 to 3 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Happy Friday! Cheers to a long weekend and fantastic sales. All of the items featured in this week’s top five are currently on sale so take advantage! Happy shopping, ladies:)
knit sheath dress//off the shoulder floral//saddle bag//block heel sandal//bow-back jumpsuit
I’m on a cooking spree lately and always looking for healthy snacks. These cauliflower bites are easy to make and they’re healthy. I’ve made these for a Super Bowl party, but it doesn’t have to be football season to enjoy all things doused in buffalo sauce.
You can eat these alone or dip in ranch if you prefer – they’re delish either way. Pro tip: Make a double batch because these little bites of goodness go quickly.
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup Buffalo hot sauce (Moore’s Buffalo Sauce is a fave of mine)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, water, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Depending on the consistency, you might need to add a little extra water to the mixture if it’s too thick. Add cauliflower florets and toss to coat. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping once. Remove from the oven.
- In a separate bowl stir together melted butter and buffalo sauce. Add baked cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Remove the aluminum foil and replace with a new sheet. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Spread the coated cauliflower evenly onto cookie sheet. Place back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy, flipping once.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
- You can serve them with your fave dip or alone. Enjoy!
Happy Friday! Missing the warm weather today, but that’s Chicago for you.
I just ordered these fringe sandals and can’t wait for them to arrive. And how adorable is this dress – a true summer staple! Hope you have a great weekend wherever you are and enjoy this week’s picks.
off shoulder dress//crossbody//nail polish//fringe sandals//denim