With all of the holiday indulgences lately, I’ve been trying to make healthy dinners as much as possible. Stuffed peppers are really easy and delicious. Since I already had most of the ingredients in my fridge, I thought I’d give this recipe a go. I changed up a few things, but they turned out great. Also, don’t be scared away by the cauliflower rice – it’s easy to make and tastes great. It’s becoming a go-to rice alternative for me.
- Roasted cauliflower Rice (see below)
- 8 bell peppers
- 1.5-2lbs ground turkey
- 1 small onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 jar of spaghetti or marinara sauce(no sugar)
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Make your cauliflower rice and set aside
- Clean and core bell peppers and place them into a casserole dish for stuffing.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In another pan cook your ground turkey and chopped onion. Drain fat.
- Add the diced tomatoes,1 cup of your spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning, some salt and pepper, and all of your cauliflower rice.
- Fill your peppers with ground turkey mixture and top with remaining sauce.
- Bake in oven for 45 min-1 hour.
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roughly chop cauliflower and place all pieces in the blender.
- Fill your blender with water all the way above the cauliflower or to your max fill line.
- Pulse blender a few times until you no longer see any large pieces of cauliflower.
- Pour cauliflower into a strainer to drain all the water.
- Spread the cauliflower on a cookie sheet and drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Sprinkle your granulated garlic and salt and pepper on top and mix it all up with a spatula.
- Bake for 15-20 min. If you like it crispy (i do) flip the rice and continue cooking another 5-10 min.
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately!