Ah Kale, either you love it or you hate it. I happen to love this leafy green. My friend Kathleen recently made this delish salad and I had to get my hands on the recipe. It was chock-full of veggies with a burst of lemony dressing.
Since I’ve been dreaming about it ever since, I went to the farmer’s market to gather some fresh veggies and get chopping. I’ve included the recipe below with a link to the original. Enjoy!
Kale Rainbow Detox Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- For the vinaigrette:
- Juice of 3 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar, if desired to sweeten it up
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- For the salad:
- 2 bunches kale (about 6-8 cups), desteemed and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- To make dressing: place lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sugar, and salt in bowl; whisk together until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss kale, bell peppers, onions, and carrots together. Add dressing, cilantro, and parsley. Use hands to massage kale with dressing; this is important so that the kale absorbs the dressing. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to let flavors soak in.
- Before serving, toss salad again. Top with almonds and avocado. Makes 4 servings.