In honor of the first day of fall, I find it fitting to celebrate with this recipe. It combines all of your favorite fall flavors into one delicious bar. This recipe is easy and fills your home with the quintessential fragrance of autumn.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (1 egg for the crust/2 eggs for the filling)
- 1 stick of butter (1/4 cup of butter for the crust and the remaining for the filling)
- 2 cups of pumpkin
- 1 cup of white sugar (1/2 cup for the filling/1/2 cup for the crumb topping)
- 2/3 cup of milk (I used almond milk and it was delicious)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
Save 1 cup of the cake mix. In a medium bowl, mix together remaining cake mix, 1 egg, and 1/4 cup of butter. Press firmly batter into a 9″x13″ greased baking pan. Combine pumpkin, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of sugar, and milk in another bowl. Spread over the batter. Combine the reserved cake mix, 1/2 c sugar, cinnamon, and 1/4 c of cooled butter. Crumble over the pumpkin layer. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Cool before cutting into bars.