Happy Halloween! I’ve talked with friends and work peeps and it seems like a lot of people are having parties or attending them- gotta love a Friday Halloween! The immediate question was “what do I make”? I’ve assembled some of my favorites to help inspire you.
Have a great weekend!
- Flour, for dusting
- Homemade or store-bought single pie crust, chilled
- One 8 ounce wheel of Brie
- 2-3 Tablespoons jam (use your favorite kind)
- 2 whole pecan halves
- One large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Have a rimmed baking sheet ready.
- Lightly flour a piece of parchment paper. Place the dough on top and lightly flour the dough. Roll dough into a very large rectangle, about 1/8″ thick.
- Cut a large circle, about 2-3″ larger, on each side, than the Brie. Remove the dough scraps and squish them together into a ball to re-roll.
- Spoon the jam into the center of the circle and place the Brie on top.
- Start folding and wrapping the dough over the Brie. Push the dough together to seal it. Once all the dough has been folded, carefully turn the Brie over. Transfer it, still on the parchment, onto the baking sheet. Set aside while you roll the dough scraps.
- Lightly flour a clean, flat surface (or another piece of parchment) and re-roll the dough scraps into another rectangle. It should be about 1/8″ thick. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut the dough into strips. (I prefer to cut them lengthwise and trim them later as I’m layering them over the Brie.)
- Brush the entire surface of the dough-wrapped Brie with egg white. Start layering the dough strips over the Brie, brushing egg white on each strip after it’s been placed so the next strip adheres to it. Layer in a decorative way so it looks like a mummy. Be sure to leave a little space at one end for the eyes to “peek” out.
- After all the dough strips have been placed, brush the entire surface of the dough with egg white one last time. Place two pecan halves into the dough for eyes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before serving so the cheese doesn’t ooze out too much when it’s cut open.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 2 small honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp pumpkin butter or puree
- 1 cup apple or pumpkin flavored bourbon
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle of pink rosé wine
- ice cubes
- Add all ingredients (except ice cubes) into a tall large pitcher. Stir to combine and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- To serve: Add ice cubes into glasses. Top it off with chilled sangria and fruits. Cheers!
- Refried Beans
- Mexican Cheese Blend
- Diced Tomatoes
- Mild Taco Seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Plastic Spider
- Mix Refried Beans with Taco Seasoning..Put as first layer on tray.
- Then add drained diced tomatoes on top.
- Next add shredded cheese then guacamole.
- Finally with an icing bag, pipe sour cream over layered dip to look like a web.
- Add a plastic spider.
- Put chips in a plastic cauldron beside tray.