Lately I’ve been taking my salads to another level at lunchtime. I made a batch of roasted chickpeas this weekend and they are little bites of deliciousness. Roasting them with your favorite spices adds another dimension of flavor to the chickpeas. I’ve seen a lot of recipes with cumin and cayenne, but I opted for a blend of sea salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and sage.
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry seasoning mix (sea salt flakes, black pepper, rosemary, garlic and sage)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and seasoning and spread out on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes