I’ve been a spaghetti squash fan for years and it’s a great alternative to traditional noodles. You can top with your favorite homemade sauce and it’s just a delight. I was missing Mom yesterday and remembered I had a container of her homemade pasta sauce in the freezer- bonus! No matter how many times I make her recipe, I still can’t replicate the taste.
Knowing spaghetti squash would take too long to cook in the oven and I didn’t have it on hand, I used my veggie spiral cutter to create delicious thin noodles in minutes.
This is how I did it:
- Take one large zucchini (wash/dry)
- Select thick or thin (I chose thin)
- Place one end into the spiral cutter and start circulating to cut into a bowl
- Discard the core
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute (I like mine a little crisp)
- Top with your favorite sauce and sprinkle fresh shaved Parmesan