Packing a lunch can be boring and daunting after awhile. I’m always on the hunt for easy and delicious recipes that I can prep for the week to help me stay on track. This chickpea salad is bursting with veggies and flavor. The best part; the longer it sits the more flavorful it becomes.
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup chopped bell pepper (mix red/yellow/orange)
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle juices on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.