Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I’m guilty of running out the door without it. Meal prep on Sunday has become a crucial part of staying on track for the week. I’ve been making these yummy little egg muffins for quite some time and they are an easy grab-and-go option you can make ahead. You can make them with whatever ingredients you like and heating up is a cinch. Here’s my go-to recipe I like to cook up on a Sunday for the week and I love to top them with a little salsa- yum!
- 1 lb Lean turkey breakfast sausage
- Liquid eggs
- 8 oz Sliced mushrooms
- 1 bag fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spray non-stick spray in pan and cook ground turkey breakfast sausage all the way through and set aside
- Using the same pan, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and add mushrooms to the pan
- Once the mushrooms have cooked down, add spinach to the pan and wilt down
- Add the mushroom and spinach mixture to the cooked breakfast sausage
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray
- Fill the muffin tin with the mixture about half way and add the liquid eggs. Try not to fill to the top as the eggs will puff up in the oven.
- Place the filled tins into the oven for about 20 minutes
- If making ahead, allow to cool before placing into the refrigerator
- When reheating- place into the microwave for about 20 seconds to heat all the way through
- Top with salt/pepper and your favorite salsa- Enjoy!