This dish was easy and damn delicious! I typically like to make a more challenging meal on Sunday’s since I have the time, but I had a hankering for something light. Zucchini noodles are one of my favorite veggies to use as an alternative to pasta and they taste amazing.
I paired the tender zucchini noodles with perfectly sauteed shrimp tossed in a delicious basil pesto sauce. Pesto sauce is very easy to pull together and adds so much flavor. I’ve included an easy pesto recipe below in case you want to make your own.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3-4 cloves garlic (depends on how much garlic you like)
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (or about 1/2 tsp. of each)
- In a food processor or blender, blend together basil, nuts, garlic, and cheese.
- Pour in oil slowly while still mixing, and then add in salt and pepper.
- Scrape down the sides and pulse once more to make sure it’s well-blended.
Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp and Pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bag (12-ounces) Jumbo Cooked Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lemon for juicing
- 4 zucchini, spiralized
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½-cup basil pesto (you can use as much as you prefer)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to skillet; sautee for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Squeeze juice of a 1/2 lemon
- Remove from skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet
- Add zucchini to skillet and continue to cook for 7 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp back to skillet, stir in pesto, and cook just until things are heated through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (optional)