Call me basic, but I do love Taco Tuesday! Now that summer is here, it’s time to switch up your typical tacos. I was looking for a way to incorporate the chili lime rub I received as a gift and it turned out to be the inspiration for this meal. I made light and delicious mahi mahi fish tacos with an avocado spread. The light and flaky fish is perfect for baking or grilling. You don’t have to use the rub, but it’s an easy way to incorporate a lot of flavor.
Avocado Lime Sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
Mahi Mahi Tacos
- 2 tablespoons of Chile Lime Rub
- 1½ pounds Mahi Mahi filets, cut lengthwise into smaller pieces if needed
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 8 lime wedge
- 1 bag of coleslaw
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Combine sour cream, avocado, cilantro, lime juice, and lime zest in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle seasoning evenly over both sides of the fish filets and add to the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas. Serve with avocado lime sauce, lime wedges, cabbage, and cilantro.