It’s always tough getting back into a routine after a long weekend. I’m a huge fan of meal planning on Sunday’s since the weekdays can be hectic. My sister introduced me to this recipe for Jessica Alba’s Turkey Meatballs. They are one of my favorites and a great way to sneak in veggies for those picky eaters. I recently made them with ground chicken breast and they turned out just as yummy.
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup grated zucchini
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup store-bought low-sodium chicken broth (unless you’re ambitious and make your own)
- Step 1: In a large bowl, mix turkey, panko, carrots, zucchini, onion, eggs, Italian seasoning, and salt until well combined; form into 1-inch balls.
- Step 2: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning, until browned, about 7 minutes. I suggest separating into multiple skillets to avoid overcrowding.
- Step 3: Add ½ cup chicken broth; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is almost completely absorbed, about 7 min. Add remaining ¼ cup broth and increase heat to medium; cook, uncovered, until liquid is absorbed.
- Step 4: Serve and enjoy!
4 thoughts on “Nutritious and Delicious”
Can’t wait to try making these meatballs! I was wondering what I can do if I want to make these gluten-free instead of with the panko crumbs?
Hi Anthea! Great question. The breadcrumbs are used as a binder to keep the meatballs intact. I would recommend trying a gluten-free breadcrumb option such as Ian’s brand. Would love to hear your feedback once you give them a try!
These look great; curious would you serve in addition to the meatballs?
Hi Amy! I’ve served them with roasted redskin potatoes and broccoli.