This is not just a flashback to one of your favorite 90s songs. If you’re like me, you’re always looking for something delicious to bring to a friends house that will stand out among the sea of hummus and pita. Here are a few easy and tasty dips for your next get together.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa:
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Chopped scallions (1 bunch)
- 1 avocado chopped
- ½ cup-1 cup Light Italian dressing (I like Newman’s Own light Italian)
Drain and wash the black beans and corn and add to a large bowl. Chop the cilantro and scallions and add to the corn/bean mixture. Next add the dressing and combine. Gently fold the chopped avocado into the mixture and refrigerate. Once it has a chance to sit and the flavors incorporate, you might need to add a little extra dressing. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
Edamame Dip (Gluten Free)
- 1 ½ cups frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained/rinsed
Place all ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve immediately, or cover and chill. Serve with your choice of veggies, crackers, or pita chips.