A Sunday snow storm calls for cozy cooking. This soup is easy to make, delicious and healthy. I typically have the items in my fridge and cupboard which makes it a go-to. Like most of the winter soups I make, I always add a Parmesan rind. It adds so much flavor and you can keep them in the freezer so they’re ready to use anytime.
- 1 medium carrot chopped 1/2 cup
- 1 stalk of celery sliced 1/2 cup
- 1 medium onion chopped 1/2 cup
- 1 tbsp.olive oil
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (for topping)
- Parmesan rind
- In a large Dutch Oven cook carrots, celery, and onion (Mirepoix) in hot oil over medium heat for 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, kale, beans and undrained tomatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring twice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. You can top with grated Parmesan cheese.