Lately I’ve had a hankering for pancakes. I tend to default to eggs for breakfast, but thought I’d try something new and get my pancake fix at the same time. After trying different versions, this one’s the winner and worth giving a try.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup oats (blended – or 1/4 cup oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Blend oats in a blender or magic bullet (if using oats over oat flour). Stir dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients and mix well (batter will be thick).
- Heat pan on medium heat. Spray with nonstick spray and slowly spoon batter into pan. Cook time will vary, mine took about a minute and 30 seconds before I flipped them.
- Top with fruit, Greek yogurt, pure maple syrup or whatever you’re in the mood for.